Images are an important element in engaging an audience for your event. Think about all the ways you can use photos and videos taken before, during, and after your occasion:
- Encouraging registration or attendance by publishing appealing photos of past events
- Publicizing your event in an industry publication, customer newsletter, or local newspaper
- Using your inventory of images to draw from for posting on social media sites and blog posts – tagging participant photos on Facebook, videos on YouTube, and photos to add to Twitter posts along with the hashtag that is devoted to your event
- Recognition of volunteers and sponsors
- Images for use in next year’s registration forms and promotional material
If you can’t budget for a professional photographer to take shots of your activities, you should at least gain access to a quality, high-resolution digital camera and make a list of shots you want to make sure you get. But don’t discount the spontaneous shots taken by your attendees on their smart phones or tablets – encourage them to click and share on their social media sites as well as your own. A picture truly is worth a thousand words!
Want to start at page 1 of this book blog? Click here